Covered California - Updates/Deadlines/Changes
Blessings and Best Wishes to You!
We hope you and your families enjoyed your summer and are ready for the upcoming fall season! We are all well aware of the never ending changes and correspondence you are receiving from Covered California, as we are now preparing for the upcoming open enrollment, we need to keep you informed of any crucial developments/deadlines/changes that could affect your health coverage.
There are three very important updates you need to be aware of:
- First, any missing documentation that has been requested or information that was unable to be electronically verified MUST be submitted or addressed immediately, final deadline to avoid loss of coverage is SEPTEMBER 5, 2014. (If you are unsure of missing documents you can either call our office to inquire or call 1-800-300-1506)
- Second, any citizenship or immigration/lawful presence letters requesting documentation you may have received also need to be addressed and or submitted by SEPTEMBER 5, 2014.
- Third, on August 28, 2014, Covered California sent out notices to health plan enrollees asking permission to automatically verify their income for the coverage year 2015. To avoid any confusion, let me give you the bottom line! The page that is titled “Renewal of Insurance Consent Form” is what really needs to be addressed immediately. ****Our recommendation is that you either send us an email with your selection so that we have it writing to be filed, or fax us the completed form you received so that we can update your account immediately. If you have access to your account, you can also confirm that way by logging on and checking the box provided. We highly recommend that you notify us of any changes.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ANY OUTSTANDING DOCUMENTS OR COMPLETE THE “RENEWAL OF INSURANCE CONSENT FORM” WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF COVERAGE. ANY MEDI-CAL INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE THROUGH MEDI-CAL DIRECTLY AT 1-800-578-6762. ANY MEDI-CAL RECIPIENTS THAT NEED TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTS CAN DO SO THROUGH OUR OFFICE UNLESS ADVISED OTHERWISE BY MEDI-CAL.
Covered California 2015 Open Enrollment
As we mentioned in the July email, the new 2015 open enrollment begins on November 15th, 2014 and ends on February 15th, 2015.
We encourage you to evaluate your health care needs to ensure that your current policy is meeting your needs. We are happy to assist you with your evaluation, and make recommendations based on your experience and your needs.
For example, questions you may want to ask:
- Am I happy with the doctors in my provider network?
- Have I paid a lot in out of pocket costs?
- Do I want to add dental and vision?
If you do not request any changes or submit any change reports, you will auto-enroll in the same plan if it is available with the same tax credits.
Other important updates and information for Covered California
**Below is a summary of the series of letters that you will see in your mailboxes through the end of this year if you are enrolled in a health plan…..
|NOD17||July / August||Create an online account|
|NOD11||August / September||Authorization to verify income, federal hub|
|September||Citizenship verification letters|
|NOD12||October||2015 renewal letter|
|October||Co-branded CC and carrier renewal letter|
|Autumn||Families receive termination notices of stand alone pediatric dental plans|
|NOD01||November / December||Notice of Determination for APTC eligibility|
Insurance Carrier Updates for Covered California
A list of individual and family plans by region, carrier and plan type offered through Covered California for 2015. A significant change to the plan types is that Health Net and Blue Shield have dropped their PPO plans and will be offering an EPO instead.
Stand-alone pediatric dental plans are being terminated. All new IFP will include children’s dental benefits. Family dental plans will also be available on the exchange sometime in 2015, but they will receive no tax credits to reduce the monthly premium.
We are happy to introduce a new addition to our Covered California team, Evelyn Chavez. Evelyn will be joining us starting Thursday, September 4th 2014.
We at A+ Insurance Service are always here for you to assist with any of your health coverage needs. Do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions at 818-508-7177.
Many blessings to you,